Kaiser is good .....until you have an issue.ESPECIALLY if you happen to need short-term or long term disability.

DO NOT....I REPEAT DO NOT use them if you have any health concern that might put you in that situation! They WILL NOT complete any questionnaires from Social Security,your state (mine California), or your job. AND When they do it usually takes TWO WEEKS to get them done. Meanwhile YOU lose benefits don't get paid and are left hanging on.

Hopefully you have savings. It took me TWO MONTHS to get paid, I did not want a $1800 check...I needed it bi-weekly.

I lost my home, my car and my job due to the way they handle these situations.If you are on MEDICARE.....BEWARE!

Had an Experience with Kaiser Permanente?

Comments

Stockton, California, United States #948517

I have been experiencing the same issues about getting permanent disability benefits for the last 9 NINE years. I spoke with several Disability attorneys and the second I mention I have Kaiser they tell my that's the reason I am having such a hard time. Most attorneys in my area won't take a Kaiser case because of Kaiser's policies, they don't allow the doctors to put that you can no longer work in your records they can only state that you are getting worse.

Damascus, Maryland, United States #904136

I had similar experience in Mid Atlantic Region. After Doctors had originally assured me that they would provide necessary documentation, they did not. If you have Worker's Comp or Disability claims, do not rely on the Kaiser Mid Atlantic Region.

Morgan Hill, California, United States #800720

I have same issue.Dr won't sign state disability extension, saying my issue is not her area of expertise.

She forwarded extension to another dept who in turn told me they can not do extension, contact my Dr. Funny thing is I had already been thru this once when she tried pawning me off to the same dept the first time. She knows they won't do the extension and that she is responsible for doing one for me. I hope I don't get disqualified by SDI before I get this resolved.

I have mixed feelings on Kaiser, sometimes they are great, other times they suck!!Lots of beuracratic baloney when dealing with them!