I signed up for Kaiser health insurance in 2016. I paid for this insurance out of my own pocket.

I kept the insurance through 2017. In 2017 I was informed by Kaiser that they were not going to be offering the policy I had in 2018 and they were going to upgrade me to another policy, which was of course more expensive. I looked at healthcare.gov to see if I could get a cheaper premium and found that I could. I signed up through healthcare.gov for the upgraded policy.

I received a bill from Kaiser for the first premium payment at the new rate. On the bill it said to call Member Services to terminate my current plan. It also stated; 'When we receive your binder payment, if we see you are dual covered and have auto-pay for your previous plan, we will stop your auto-payment to avoid two premiums payments.' I called Member Services after my December payment was charged to my credit card via auto-payment to terminate my current plan at the end of the year. I paid the January premium using the same credit card number that I used for the auto-pay.

In January I see that Kaiser has charged the increased premium payment to my credit card. I immediately contacted Member Services to report this. I was told that I had to submit a letter canceling my old plan. I immediately did so.

I then asked when I could expect the charge to be credited back to my credit card. I was told to check back in 2 weeks. I checked back after 3 weeks to see why the charge had not been credited. I was then told to check back in 2 days.

I did so and now all of a sudden I was told I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get the money back that Kaiser never should have charged me in the first place.

The money that Kaiser said, in their letter, that they would not charge me. It's now 6 weeks into the New Year and they still have not returned my money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance.

Comments