I was denied a return visit to the neurosurgeon, who one year ago this month, did the major 2/3rds reconstruction of my spine.After the new intense pain that I am having in my spine, my doc told me that "no other doc will even look at my spine".

and that I would have to see my neurosurgeon. Only to have Kaiser deny it. I called Kaiser and was 1st told that I would qualify for an "emergency phone appeal". He connected me with that dept.

The lady who (was helping me ??}, said she would have to confer with the appeal docs. When she returned to the call, she informed me that, the appeal doc's do not deem the serve intense pain (and possible problem with my spine surgery} an emergency. When I asked why not, she said, because it did not involve the loss of limb or LOSS OF LIFE". I had to ask her to repeat that, which she did.

I pretty much think, that when it involves loss of life, an appeal, by phone or any other way, would be mute at that point. All this she said, without one ounce of care in her voice! To add to the incredible, debilitating intense pain, that I am having at this time, is the knowledge, that Kaiser could care less and for such reasoning.

If Kaiser has a caring heart, I like to know where they are hiding it??Thank you for this site.

Review about: Kaiser Permanente Medical Care.

I didn't like: Patient care.

Had an Experience with Kaiser Permanente?

Comments