14305 Meridian Pkwy, Riverside, CA 92508, USA

Kaiser Healthcare California has not had as part of its "physical" SOP a hearing test.I realized this out of my aging mother's experience.

She's been a Kaiser member for over a decade. Her hearing deteriorate significantly through the course of several "physicals". As a side note, she strongly resisted her children's insistence that she attend a hearing test. In 2014 December I finally sneakily confronted her physician immediately after one of her "physicals" as asked if it was obvious that she had hearing difficulty.

The physician acknowledged that he noted some hearing difficulty. He also noted that she had repeated herself several times; she had developed short-term memory difficulties of which I was acutely aware. Subsequently he scheduled for her a hearing test. Her hearing had deteriorated 50dB low to high in frequency, a flat reduction.

January 2016 I was able to find just published research firmly linking elderly individuals hearing deterioration with deterioration of short-term memory and ability to form new long-term memories.

It is not yet known if correction of hearing loss will protect against memory failure.Regardless, Kaiser Healthcare California's SOP should actively seek to detect hearing loss in its membership.

Review about: Physical Examination.

I liked: Frendly staff.

I didn't like: Completeness of services is less than i expected.

3.8
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Kaiser Permanente?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion